We are looking forward to welcoming everyone back for a return to full in person learning on Monday, April 26th.
Some details to note:
- The full return to in person learning means that all students, including those who have been choosing to be fully remote, now have the opportunity to learn in person at Map Academy 5 days per week. Students who prefer to remain fully remote for the remainder of the school year may continue to choose that option.
- All students will continue to remain in their assigned studios for the entire day. In order to follow protocols and facilitate potential contact tracing, there will be no movement between studios.
- Plymouth bus routes have been reconfigured to accommodate the return to full time in person learning. The new Plymouth bus schedules can be found here on our website.
- Pooled Testing for COVID-19 will continue through the remainder of the school year. For next week only, we will conduct our testing on Monday and Tuesday and then we will return to our usual Thursday/Friday testing schedule. We are thrilled to report that in the first 10 weeks that we have been participating in pooled testing, we have had ZERO pools test positive for COVID-19! Thank you to all students and staff who have participated. While the program is optional, we very much hope that everyone will participate. More information and digital consent forms can be found here:
- All students age 16 or older are now eligible to book appointments for COVID-19 vaccinations. Our school nurse, Heather Sears, is a good point of contact for any student or adult supporter who has questions about obtaining a COVID vaccine. Heather can be reached at email@example.com
- The last day of school (Day 180) is Wednesday, June 23, 2021.
- Graduation is scheduled for Thursday, June 24, 2021 at 4 pm. We are closely monitoring all public health guidance for events and will send more details to our graduates and their families as soon as they are available.
- Evening Studio will continue through Thursday, June 10th. Evening studio is Monday through Thursday from 4:30-6:30 pm and is open to all students.
- Map Academy will be open for optional drop in Summer Studio from Tuesday, July 6th, through Friday, August 13th, and will run Monday through Friday from 10 am – 3 pm. Summer studio is an option for all students. Details to follow.
- The 2021-2022 school calendar has been approved and can be found here
As always, please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.