We are so excited to kick off the 2020-2021 school year this week. We have received approval from the Town to occupy our new space (just this afternoon!) and can’t wait to welcome our students tomorrow and Wednesday. We know that there are a lot of questions as we embark on this very unusual school year together and we’re sending a lot of information with this email.
- Reopening Procedures and Norms — As we have previously communicated, we are committed to following all recommended protocols to keep our school community safe. The attached document provides a lot of details about what to expect.
- Schedules — All students are scheduled for one of three schedules below. The attached Reopening Procedures and Norms document includes the specific schedules for remote and in person days. The school day is 8:30am – 3:00 pm.
- Fully remote
- Hybrid — MWF in person / T/Th remote
- Hybrid — T/Th in person / MWF remote
- Bus stops — The bus stops for the Plymouth Public Schools transportation routes and for the Map Academy GATRA route through Wareham and Carver are attached. We just received the Plymouth stops this afternoon. We ask that you bear with these routes as there will inevitably be some kinks that need to be worked out in the first few days. Please make every effort to be at the stop early as everyone adjusts to these routes and also remember that masks and distancing are required on the buses. Please note that Map students do not need to pay the $1 fare for the GATRA bus.
- First Days
- For our students who are in person on Tuesday/Thursday, we will see you here onsite tomorrow, and we’ll see our Monday/Wednesday/Friday students on Wednesday.
- Any MWF in person students who need to get their Map Academy Chromebook or who have issues logging in remotely tomorrow should feel free to wait until they are here onsite on Wednesday to kick off their work. Teachers will be walking through all of the remote options and supports with students and there will be lots of support provided as students acclimate to this new schedule and/or school.
- Students who are remote tomorrow and ready to get going should use the link sent via email to log in at 8:30. Academic Case Managers/Counselors will be online and will help direct students to their next steps for the day.
- Food Service — As always, breakfast and lunch will be available for all students, free of charge. Students who are over age 18 can sign out for lunch. Students between the ages of 16 and 18 may not leave school without the attached Leaving Campus Form on file. As discussed in the attached document, we will honor forms from last school year for this week only and then will need new forms beginning next week. New students and students who do not have forms on file from last year need to bring a completed form before they will be allowed to leave for lunch. Printed copies of this form will be sent home with students tomorrow.
- Paperwork — We are using a new web-based paperless system for most of our required paperwork. Be on the lookout for another email in the next couple of days with directions to access the system.
This will most definitely be a school year unlike any other, but we are embarking on it together and are confident that whether our students are here in person or remote we will keep our Map Academy community connected and moving forward.