- Start Date
- August 21, 2023
- Position Type
- Positions Available
Looking for a change? We’re searching for unicorns to join our incredible, growing team. Map Academy’s faculty and staff are open-minded, forward-thinking, collaborative lifelong learners who thrive in a fast-paced, iterative atmosphere. Our Wraparound Specialists are crucial members of our extensive Student Support Team, providing the wide range of support our students need to reach their personal and academic goals. The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of youth development and trauma-sensitive practices, and experience navigating school-based and/or other organizational systems in order to support disconnected youth and young adults in accessing the resources they need to thrive.
Do you have:
- The ability to inspire, motivate, and build relationships with a wide variety of students, families, community members, and peers?
- Persistence, zeal, humor, and an entrepreneurial spirit that will make you an important part of an innovative mission-driven school?
- The belief that every student can succeed, along with the drive and patience to provide relentless support to help students overcome barriers and forge pathways to success?
- A commitment to contributing meaningfully to an inclusive and diverse school community?
- The creative energy and drive to wear multiple hats as part of a mission-driven team?
- Take initiative, go above and beyond expectations to achieve exceptional outcomes and results?
- Exhibit calmness under pressure, and resilience in overcoming setbacks?
- Thrive in an innovative, collaborative atmosphere in which failures are opportunities to learn and grow?
- Possess a strong background working with youth who have been failed by other systems?
- Exhibit a strong work ethic, flexibility and enthusiasm?
- Minimum of 5 years of youth development or other relevant experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- MA license as a School Social Worker, Adjustment Counselor or LMHC desirable, but not required. Map Academy supports qualified applicants in alternate paths toward licensure.
- Passion and experience cultivating success in students who have disengaged from or dropped out of other educational environments, specifically youth who have experienced trauma.
- Proven track record as a creative problem-solver who works collaboratively and builds relationships with students, families and colleagues.
- Proven ability to build positive mentoring relationships with students while providing academic support, daily progress monitoring and coaching to build motivation and engagement, supporting students as they work toward their goals.
- Experience implementing trauma-informed and restorative practices.
- Experience working with wide range of agencies/providers to connect students and families to appropriate resources.
- An open mind that embraces learning and collaboration and willingness to absorb feedback in order to continually improve.
- Sense of humor and relentless optimism to bring joy to challenging work.
- Massachusetts Driver’s License required.
- Must be willing to comply with a fingerprint-supported criminal background check.
Top salary and extensive benefits package, including Blue Cross Blue Shield medical, dental & vision insurance; tuition reimbursement; student loan repayment assistance; relocation allowance; wellness benefit; healthcare & dependent care FSA; 403b & professional development opportunities. Salary and previously accrued paid time off carryover negotiable based on experience & qualifications. Position is part of Massachusetts Teacher Retirement System (MTRS) for candidates with relevant Massachusetts licensure. Endless opportunities for growth & advancement.