Looking for a change? We’re searching for unicorns to join our incredible, growing team. Map Academy’s faculty and staff are open-minded, forward-thinking, collaborative lifelong learners who thrive in a fast-paced, iterative atmosphere. We hire educators with deep content knowledge in at least one high school subject area, but experience building relationships and engaging students is just as important. Specifically, we’re on the lookout for talented high school teachers interested in working as facilitators of student learning in our innovative alternative high school setting, both in their core content area and more generally. Our academic model is interdisciplinary, flexible and collaborative, and that’s exactly what we look for in our teachers.
Do you have:
- The ability to inspire, motivate, and build relationships with a wide variety of students, families, community members, and peers?
- Persistence, zeal, humor, and an entrepreneurial spirit that will make you an important part of an innovative mission-driven school?
- The belief that every student can succeed, along with the drive and patience to provide relentless support to help students overcome barriers and forge pathways to success?
- A commitment to contributing meaningfully to an inclusive and diverse school community?
- The creative energy and drive to wear multiple hats as part of a mission-driven team?
- Take initiative, go above and beyond expectations to achieve exceptional outcomes and results?
- Exhibit calmness under pressure, and resilience in overcoming setbacks?
- Thrive in an innovative, collaborative atmosphere in which failures are opportunities to learn and grow?
- Possess a strong knowledge of content, curriculum and instruction?
- Exhibit a strong work ethic, flexibility and enthusiasm?
Map Academy encourages applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national origins, ages, disability statuses, sexual orientations and gender identities. We particularly welcome applications from African American and Latinx persons. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
- Minimum of 3 years of teaching or other relevant experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- Appropriate MA license in Special Education required. Multiple certifications, particularly in core high school subject areas, are strongly preferred. Map Academy supports qualified applicants in alternate paths toward licensure.
- Experience with project-based, competency-based and/or interdisciplinary instruction strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and build relationships with students, families and colleagues.
- Sense of humor and relentless optimism to bring joy to challenging work.
- Passion and experience cultivating success in students who have disengaged from or dropped out of other educational environments.
- An innovative spirit, growth mindset and the confidence to embrace the challenge of doing high school differently.
- An open mind that embraces learning and collaboration and willingness to absorb feedback in order to continually improve.
Top salary and extensive benefits package, including Blue Cross Blue Shield medical, dental & vision insurance; tuition reimbursement; student loan repayment assistance; relocation allowance; wellness benefit; healthcare & dependent care FSA; 403b & professional development opportunities. Salary and previously accrued paid time off carryover negotiable based on experience & qualifications. Position is part of Massachusetts Teacher Retirement System (MTRS). Endless opportunities for growth & advancement.