Map Academy’s faculty and staff are open-minded, forward-thinking, collaborative lifelong learners who thrive in a fast-paced, iterative atmosphere. We trust that you know your content; how you build relationships and engage students is most important.
Do you have:
- The ability to inspire, motivate, and build relationships with a wide variety of students, families, community members, and peers?
- Persistence, zeal, humor, and an entrepreneurial spirit that will make you an important part of a new mission-driven school?
- The belief that every student can succeed, along with the drive and patience to provide relentless support to help students overcome barriers and forge pathways to success?
- The confidence to be a role model and the humility to understand the weight of that responsibility?
- The creative energy and drive to wear multiple hats as part of a small staff?
- Take initiative, go above and beyond expectations to achieve exceptional outcomes and results?
- Exhibit calmness under pressure, and resilience in overcoming setbacks?
- Thrive in a fast-paced, iterative atmosphere in which failures are opportunities to learn and grow?
- Possess a strong knowledge of curriculum and instruction?
- Exhibit a strong work ethic, flexibility and enthusiasm?
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; school-based experience strongly preferred.
- Proven track record as a creative problem-solver who works collaboratively and builds relationships with students, families and colleagues.
- Master’s degree strongly preferred and appropriate MA license as LICSW, LMHC or School Adjustment Counselor required.
- Experience working with wide range of agencies/providers to connect students and families to appropriate resources.
- Sense of humor and relentless optimism to bring joy to challenging work.
- Passion and experience cultivating success in students who have disengaged from or dropped out of other educational environments.
- An innovative spirit, growth mindset and the confidence to embrace the challenge of creating a totally new high school.
- An open mind that embraces learning and collaboration and willingness to absorb feedback in order to continually improve.