Map Academy’s faculty and staff are open-minded, forward-thinking, collaborative lifelong learners who thrive in a fast-paced, iterative atmosphere. We’re looking for educators with deep content knowledge, but passion and experience building relationships and engaging students is just as important.
Do you have:
- The ability to inspire, motivate, and build relationships with a wide variety of students, families, community members, and peers?
- Persistence, zeal, humor, and an entrepreneurial spirit that will make you an important part of an innovative mission-driven school?
- The belief that every student can succeed, along with the drive and patience to provide relentless support to help students overcome barriers and forge pathways to success?
- The creative energy and drive to wear multiple hats as part of a mission-driven small staff?
- Take initiative, go above and beyond expectations to achieve exceptional outcomes and results?
- Exhibit calmness under pressure, and resilience in overcoming setbacks?
- Thrive in a fast-paced, iterative atmosphere in which failures are opportunities to learn and grow?
- Possess a strong knowledge of content, curriculum and instruction?
- Exhibit a strong work ethic, flexibility and enthusiasm?
- Minimum of 3 years of teaching or other relevant experience required.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and build relationships with students, families and colleagues.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- Experience with competency-based and/or interdisciplinary instruction and assessment strongly preferred.
- Appropriate MA license in high school content area required. Multiple certifications, particularly in Special Education strongly preferred.
- Sense of humor and relentless optimism to bring joy to challenging work.
- Passion and experience cultivating success in students who have disengaged from or dropped out of other educational environments.
- An innovative spirit, growth mindset and the confidence to embrace the challenge of doing high school differently.
- An open mind that embraces learning and collaboration and willingness to absorb feedback in order to continually improve.
Competitive benefits package. Position is part of Massachusetts Teacher Retirement System (MTRS).