Post-Secondary Pathways Coordinator
- Start Date
- August 1, 2023
- Position Type
- Positions Available
Looking for a change? We’re searching for unicorns to join our incredible, growing team. Map Academy’s leaders, faculty and staff are open-minded, forward-thinking, collaborative lifelong learners who thrive in a fast-paced, iterative atmosphere. This position is a new leadership role which will support Map Academy’s implementation of high-quality career development pathways designed to help students hone their career readiness skills and expand their horizons as they determine the postsecondary path that’s right for them, and ensure that they graduate ready to make their plan a reality. The Post-Secondary Pathways Coordinator will be a key member of the Wayfinding Team, and like every staff member at Map Academy, will work closely with the entire school community–students, staff, families and community partners–on a wide range of programming designed to connect each student to the supports necessary to meet their academic and personal goals for life after high school. Map Academy is a truly student-centered organization. Every staff member builds and leverages meaningful relationships with students daily. This is a unique position with tremendous growth potential. The ideal candidate has deep career development and leadership expertise, but also a passion for working directly with youth and young adults who have traditionally been marginalized in order to help them thrive.
Do you have:
- The ability to inspire, motivate, and build relationships with a wide variety of students, families, community partners, employers, teachers and peers?
- Persistence, zeal, humor, and an entrepreneurial spirit that will make you an important part of an innovative mission-driven school?
- The belief that every student can succeed, along with the drive and patience to provide relentless support to help students overcome barriers and forge pathways to success?
- A commitment to contributing meaningfully to an inclusive and diverse school community?
- The creative energy and drive to wear multiple hats as part of a mission-driven team?
- Take initiative, go above and beyond expectations to achieve exceptional outcomes and results?
- Exhibit calmness under pressure, and resilience in overcoming setbacks?
- Thrive in an innovative, collaborative atmosphere in which failures are opportunities to learn and grow?
- Possess a strong knowledge of workforce development, work-based learning and career readiness?
- Exhibit a strong work ethic, flexibility and enthusiasm?
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in workforce development, career pathways, vocational teaching, work-based learning, guidance/career counseling or similar role(s).
- Bachelor’s degree required, as well as deep knowledge of positive youth development and significant experience in some leadership capacity, preferably in a context serving a vulnerable adolescent and young adult population. Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- Relevant MA license is strongly preferred – ie Principal/Assistant Principal, Supervisor/Director, Guidance Counselor, Cooperative Education Coordinator and/or Teacher. Map Academy supports qualified applicants in alternate paths toward licensure.
- Proven track record of skillfully building and leveraging relationships with high school youth and young adults to help them overcome obstacles and achieve their goals, and strong problem-solving skills for when things veer off course.
- Career development and employer partnership experience required. Experience designing and implementing Innovation Career Pathways, MassHire programming, YouthWorks, Connecting Activities, Early College, MyCAP and/or Work-Based Learning highly preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities independently, adapt to a changing environment, and the flexibility to assume any/all responsibilities as required to ensure success of Map Academy’s mission.
- Nuanced communication skills across multiple mediums – text, email, phone, in-person, social media, events, etc, with impeccable attention to detail and follow through.
- Commitment to accurate data collection and reporting required; experience with grant writing and program evaluation desired.
- Sense of humor and relentless optimism to bring joy to challenging work.
- Passion and experience cultivating success in students who have disengaged from or dropped out of other educational environments.
- An innovative spirit, growth mindset and the confidence to embrace the challenge of doing high school differently as part of a mission-driven team.
- An open mind that embraces learning and collaboration and the drive to continually improve.
Top salary and extensive benefits package, including Blue Cross Blue Shield medical, dental & vision insurance; tuition reimbursement; student loan repayment assistance; relocation allowance; wellness benefit; healthcare & dependent care FSA; 403b & professional development opportunities. Salary and previously accrued paid time off carryover negotiable based on experience & qualifications. Position is eligible for Massachusetts Teacher Retirement System (MTRS) if candidate holds appropriate MA licensure. Endless opportunities for growth & advancement.