Looking for a change? Map Academy’s faculty and staff are open-minded, forward-thinking, collaborative lifelong learners who thrive in a fast-paced, iterative atmosphere. We hire educators with deep content knowledge, but experience building relationships and engaging students is just as important. Specifically, we’re on the lookout for talented high school teachers interested in working as facilitators of student learning in our innovative alternative high school setting, both in their core content area and more generally. Our academic model is interdisciplinary, flexible and collaborative, and that’s exactly what we look for in our teachers.
Do you have:
- The ability to inspire, motivate, and build relationships with a wide variety of students, families, community members, and peers?
- Persistence, zeal, humor, and an entrepreneurial spirit that will make you an important part of an innovative mission-driven school?
- The belief that every student can succeed, along with the drive and patience to provide relentless support to help students overcome barriers and forge pathways to success?
- A commitment to contributing meaningfully to an inclusive and diverse school community?
- The creative energy and drive to wear multiple hats as part of a mission-driven small staff?
- Take initiative, go above and beyond expectations to achieve exceptional outcomes and results?
- Exhibit calmness under pressure, and resilience in overcoming setbacks?
- Thrive in a fast-paced, iterative atmosphere in which failures are opportunities to learn and grow?
- Possess a strong knowledge of content, curriculum and instruction?
- Exhibit a strong work ethic, flexibility and enthusiasm?
- Minimum of 3 years of teaching or other relevant experience required.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and build relationships with students, families and colleagues.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- Experience with competency-based and/or interdisciplinary instruction and assessment strongly preferred.
- Appropriate MA license in high school core content area required – ELA, Math, Science and/or History. Multiple certifications, particularly in Special Education, are strongly preferred. Map Academy supports qualified applicants in alternate paths toward licensure.
- Sense of humor and relentless optimism to bring joy to challenging work.
- Passion and experience cultivating success in students who have disengaged from or dropped out of other educational environments.
- An innovative spirit, growth mindset and the confidence to embrace the challenge of doing high school differently.
- An open mind that embraces learning and collaboration and willingness to absorb feedback in order to continually improve.
Competitive benefits package, including professional development opportunities. Salary negotiable based on experience & qualifications. Position is part of Massachusetts Teacher Retirement System (MTRS). Start date to be determined during hiring process.