Interdisciplinary Instructional Coordinator
- Start Date
- August 1, 2023
- Position Type
- Positions Available
Looking for a change? We’re searching for unicorns to join our incredible, growing team. Map Academy’s leaders, faculty and staff are open-minded, forward-thinking, collaborative lifelong learners who thrive in a fast-paced, iterative atmosphere. This position is a new instructional leadership role which will support teachers in developing and implementing high-quality, standards-aligned, differentiated programming designed to meet student needs. The Interdisciplinary Instructional Coordinator will be a key member of the Instructional Leadership Team, and like every staff member at Map Academy, will work closely with the entire school community–students, staff, families and community partners–on a wide range of programming designed to connect each student to the supports necessary to meet their academic and personal goals. Map Academy is a truly student-centered organization. Every staff member builds and leverages meaningful relationships with students daily. This is a unique position with tremendous growth potential. The ideal candidate has deep instructional and leadership expertise, but also a passion for working directly with youth and young adults who have traditionally been marginalized in order to help them thrive.
Do you have:
- The ability to inspire, motivate, and build relationships with a wide variety of students, families, community members, teachers and peers?
- Persistence, zeal, humor, and an entrepreneurial spirit that will make you an important part of an innovative mission-driven school?
- The belief that every student can succeed, along with the drive and patience to provide relentless support to help students overcome barriers and forge pathways to success?
- A commitment to contributing meaningfully to an inclusive and diverse school community?
- The creative energy and drive to wear multiple hats as part of a mission-driven team?
- Take initiative, go above and beyond expectations to achieve exceptional outcomes and results?
- Exhibit calmness under pressure, and resilience in overcoming setbacks?
- Thrive in an innovative, collaborative atmosphere in which failures are opportunities to learn and grow?
- Possess a strong knowledge of content, curriculum and instruction?
- Exhibit a strong work ethic, flexibility and enthusiasm?
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant teaching/instructional leadership experience.
- Proven track record as a teacher and leader, including supervising and coaching teachers; leading teams of adults; fostering positive culture; facilitating professional learning communities; data-driven instruction and decision making; curriculum/program design & development; collaborative problem solving; professional development planning and implementation, etc.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities, adapt to a changing environment and the flexibility to assume any/all responsibilities as required to ensure success of Map Academy’s mission.
- Master’s degree required, as well as deep knowledge of positive youth development and significant experience as a teacher and in a leadership capacity in a secondary school, preferably in a context serving a vulnerable student population.
- Experience implementing trauma-informed and restorative practices.
- Appropriate MA license as a Principal/Assistant Principal or Supervisor/Director, along with a Professional Teaching License in a core high school subject area. Map Academy supports qualified applicants in alternate paths toward licensure.
- Sense of humor and relentless optimism to bring joy to challenging work.
- Passion and experience cultivating success in students who have disengaged from or dropped out of other educational environments.
- An innovative spirit, growth mindset and the confidence to embrace the challenge of doing high school differently as part of a mission-driven team.
- An open mind that embraces learning and collaboration and the drive to continually improve.
Top salary and extensive benefits package, including Blue Cross Blue Shield medical, dental & vision insurance; tuition reimbursement; student loan repayment assistance; relocation allowance; wellness benefit; healthcare & dependent care FSA; 403b & professional development opportunities. Salary and previously accrued paid time off carryover negotiable based on experience & qualifications. Position is part of Massachusetts Teacher Retirement System (MTRS). Endless opportunities for growth & advancement.